Indiana Dog Bite Lawyers
Dog Bites & Attacks
Dogs are usually so happy to greet you at the door when you come home, wagging their tails and jumping in anticipation of the attention they are about to receive. But it may shock you that according to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 4.7 million people are bitten each year. Although dogs can provide their owners unconditional love, a sense of security, and companionship beyond compare, an untrained, enraged dog can threaten your safety.
A dog bite accident can be serious and should be taken seriously. If you or someone you know has been the victim of an Indiana dog bite injury, consult an accomplished Indiana dog bite lawyer from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin today.
What to do if you have suffered an Indiana dog bite injury:
- Seek medical attention immediately
- Write down the name and contact information of the dog owner
- Get the name and contact information of any witnesses
- Make a police report of the Indiana dog bite injury
- Request a copy of the report
- Photograph the dog and the location where the dog bite injury occurred
- Take photographs of your injuries
- Do not accept any settlement or admit fault with the owner’s insurance company, and do not sign anything
- Save any clothing damaged by the dog in the attack
- If you or someone you know has been injured from an Indiana dog bite accident, contact an experienced dog bite lawyer at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin
Common reasons for dog bites
Dogs such as, pitt bulls, rottweilers, dobermans, chow chows, and German shepards are notorious for biting, but in reality, all dogs have the ability to bite. An Indiana dog bite attack can occur for several reasons. Some of the most common reasons include:
- attacking out of fear
- establishing dominance
- protecting their territory
- over-excitement when playing
The Humane Society of the United States reports that every 40 seconds in the U.S. a person seeks medical attention for a dog bite Injury. Contact a leading Indiana dog bite lawyer from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin for help and legal advice if you have suffered an Indiana dog bite injury.
If you have been injured in a dog bite accident and want a professional law firm that will get it done, contact the Indiana injury lawyers at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin. Complete a free online consultation or call us toll free at (866) 684-3388 to contact us today.
Office LocationGoogle maps
Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin
201 Ohio Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
Phone: (812) 232-2000
Toll Free: (866) 684-3388