Indiana Medical Malpractice Lawyer
Medical Malpractice & Negligence
Prescribing the wrong dosage of medication, failing to detect or diagnose a patient with a potentially fatal disease, or taking too long to deliver a baby in distress are all examples of how a trip to the physician can quickly turn into an Indiana medical malpractice accident.
As a patient, you trust that your doctor and other medical practitioners will provide you with exceptional care, so it can be baffling when you experience less than acceptable treatment. Indiana medical malpractice occurs when the quality of your medical care is less than expected and you suffer an injury as a result of the provider’s negligence.
The Indiana medical malpractice attorneys from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin are familiar with the difficult and expensive nature of medical malpractice law, and will guide you through the entire process. Our prominent medical malpractice attorneys have the knowledge and resources needed to fully develop your case and win you a fair compensation.
Procedures for an Indiana medical malpractice accident
If your physician has made a mistake that caused you serious injury, follow the procedures below:
- Remain calm. Speak with your physician first—sometimes a doctor will admit they made a mistake. Don’t jump to conclusions or think that just because a mistake was made, your case is won.
- Get organized. Gather all of your medical information, including prescriptions, the doctor’s name and contact information, dates of appointments, and reasons for treatment.
- Contact a lawyer. Compose yourself and contact an Indiana medical malpractice lawyer. Only discuss your medical malpractice case with an Indiana medical malpractice lawyer, and don’t sign anything from your physician or his insurance company.
Proving an Indiana medical malpractice case
There are several types of Indiana medical malpractice claims. Typically, a claimant must show the following:
- the health care provider owed a duty to the patient
- the health care provider breached that duty
- the patient suffered an injury
- the patient's injury was a proximate cause of the health care provider's breach
Doctors have a standard of care to uphold, and the Indiana medical malpractice lawyers at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos, & Newlin, are determined to hold them to that standard. Contact one of our Indiana injury lawyers today for the legal assistance you need.
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice and want a professional law firm that will get it done, contact the Indiana medical malpractice lawyers at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin. Complete a free online consultation or call us toll free at (866) 684-7229 to contact us today.
Office LocationGoogle maps
Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin
201 Ohio Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
Phone: (812) 232-2000
Toll Free: (866) 684-7229