Indiana Motorcycle Injury Attorney
Motorcycle Collision & Injuries
For the tenth year in a row, the number of motorcycle fatalities increased in 2007, reaching 5,154 deaths. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, this is the highest number of fatalities to record. Motorcycle accidents now account for almost 13% of all fatalities on the roadway.
A motorcycle accident is often more treacherous than an auto accident and therefore the victim’s rights in a motorcycle accident are tougher to defend. The Indiana motorcycle accident attorneys at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin won’t back down from a challenge, and are confident that we can secure the compensation you deserve.
An Indiana motorcycle accident can involve serious injuries and have devastating results. In 2007, more than 103,000 motorists were injured in motorcycle accidents. Motorcyclists have the unfair advantage of being labeled as reckless and dangerous, although most Indiana motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligence of an automobile driver.
By law, these negligent drivers are responsible for paying for your repairs and injuries. If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident, let our Indiana motorcycle accident lawyers recover a just compensation for your physical, emotional, and financial losses.
Motorcycle safety—quick tips
Often motorcycle accidents occur as a result of another vehicle’s mistake. According to Motorcycle Accident Cause Factors and Identification of Countermeasures (Volume 1: Technical Report, Hurt, H.H., Ouellet, J.V. and Thom, D.R), the failure of motorists to detect and recognize motorcycles in traffic is the predominate cause of motorcycle accidents.
To help prevent more avoidable Indiana motorcycle accidents, see the following motorcycle safety tips provided by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.
- Be visible. Make sure to check all of your motorcycle’s lights and signals before going for a ride. Also, use reflective lights and be aware of other vehicle’s blind spots on the road.
- Dress for safety. Always wear a helmet, protective eye gear, gloves, and the proper footwear. You should also dress in brightly colored clothing with thick long sleeves and long pants. If an Indiana motorcycle accident were to occur, thick clothing can help prevent road burn.
- Mentally prepare. Before you get on a motorcycle, you should be aware of weather conditions as well as the conditions of the road you will be traveling on. While riding, it is best to constantly survey the road. Remember that motorcyclists, at times, aren’t as visible as automobiles, so always allow for extra reaction time.
- Know your bike. It is important to practice your riding technique so you know how your bike handles before you drive on the road with other vehicles. Taking a training class on motorcycles is also a good idea.
Procedures to follow after an Indiana motorcycle accident
Even with these safety precaution measures, motorcycle accidents can still occur. If you have been the victim of a serious Indiana motorcycle accident, follow the steps below to ensure that you get the help you need.
- Remain calm and check for injuries. Try to stay composed and check for any injuries you may have suffered as a result of the Indiana motorcycle accident.
- Talk to witnesses. Speak with everyone that witnessed the accident and take notes on what they saw. It is also a good idea to take pictures at the scene of the Indiana motorcycle accident if possible.
- Call your insurance company. It is important to report the motorcycle accident to your insurance company immediately. However, do not sign anything from an insurance adjustor.
- Call a physician. Whether you have been injured or not, contact your physician and explain to them how the Indiana motorcycle accident occurred and what injuries you may have suffered.
- Contact an Indiana motorcycle injury lawyer. Speak with a professional Indiana motorcycle accident lawyer from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin to get the legal help you need.
Motorcyclists have the same rights as everybody else. If you have been the victim of a serious motorcycle accident, contact Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin for excellent legal counsel. Our personal injury lawyers fight for those who need them the most.
If you have been injured in an a motorcycle accident and want a professional law firm that will get it done, contact the motorcycle accident lawyers at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin. Complete a free online consultation or call us toll free at (866) 684-3388 to contact us today.
Office LocationGoogle maps
Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin
201 Ohio Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
Phone: (812) 232-2000
Toll Free: (866) 684-3388