Indiana Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck Accident Attorney Indiana
When you are driving and you look out the car window and see a 13½ feet tall, 53 feet long, 80,000-pound semi-trailer riding on 18 huge wheels next to you, it is only natural to feel intimidated.
To make matters worse, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration reported that in 2007, 4,808 people were killed in a truck accident and even more, 83% of the people killed were riding in another vehicle involved in the accident.
If you have been injured in a truck accident, you need the services of an experienced Indiana truck accident lawyer. The truck accident lawyers of Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin represent the victims who need us the most.
How to share the road with trucks
To avoid an Indiana truck accident, Share the Road Safely has come up with some safety tips for car drivers to follow. In order to remain safe when driving next to large tractor-trailers such as package trucks, delivery trucks, and cargo vans, drive cautiously and adhere to the following guidelines:
- Don’t cut in front. Trucks brake 20-40% slower than other vehicles. When passing a truck, be sure to give them an acceptable amount of space so that if you both have to make an emergency stop, there will be plenty of time to brake.
- Watch for blind spots. Trucks have large blind spots called “no-zones.” No-zone areas exist around the front, back, and sides of the truck. When driving next to a truck you should always consider the position of your vehicle and whether or not you think the truck driver can see you.
- Avoid squeeze play. Never try to get in between a truck and another object, such as another vehicle or a curb. Trucks make wide turns and need lots of room to maneuver, so you should always allow them the space they need.
Due to their size and weight, sharing the road with trucks can be risky at times. Practicing these safety measures, along with abiding the law while driving, can help reduce your chances of being involved in an Indiana truck accident. However, if you are unfortunate to get in an accident, the following steps below can help you get the compensation you deserve.
Steps to follow after an Indiana truck accident
- Observe the scene and take notes. Immediately following an Indiana truck accident, it is imperative to write down the names and phone numbers of everyone involved in the collision. It is also important to talk with people who witnessed the accident and take note of the specific statements they make.
- See a doctor. Whether you have suffered an injury as a result of the accident or not, schedule an appointment with your own physician as soon as possible.
- Take pictures. As soon as possible, take pictures at the scene of the collision and of your vehicle. If feasible, take pictures of the other vehicles involved in the Indiana truck accident. You should also take numerous pictures of your injuries—photographing the healing process. It is best to make notes for all of the pictures taken.
- Get a Indiana truck accident lawyer that gets it done. Before signing any statements, contact a truck accident lawyer that is experienced in helping those who have been injured in truck accidents as a result of another’s negligence. The Indiana truck accident lawyers from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin are determined to rectify the tragedy you have suffered.
The injury and damages that a person can suffer as a result of an Indiana truck accident are almost unthinkable, not to mention the doctor bills, medical treatment, and car repairs that go along with it. The Indiana injury lawyers from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin understand the frustrations, stress, and financial stain that Indiana truck accident victims face, and we want to lessen your worry by providing you the legal representation you deserve.
The opportunity to discuss your truck driving accident is available around the clock. If you want to talk to a practiced truck accident lawyer, contact Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin today.
If you have been injured in a truck accident and want a professional law firm that will get it done, contact the Indiana truck accident lawyers at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin.Complete a free online consultation or call us toll free at (866) 684-7229 to contact us today.
Office LocationGoogle maps
Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin
201 Ohio Street
Terre Haute, Indiana 47807
Phone: (812) 232-2000
Toll Free: (866) 684-7229