Terre Haute Dog Bite Lawyers
Dogs are usually so happy to greet you at the door when you come home, wagging their tails and jumping in anticipation of the attention they are about to receive. But it may shock you that according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, more than 4.7 million people are bitten by dogs each year.
Although dogs can provide their owners unconditional love, a sense of security, and companionship beyond compare, an untrained, enraged dog can threaten your safety.
A dog bite accident can be serious and should be taken seriously. If you or someone you know has been the victim of a dog bite injury, consult an accomplished Terre Haute dog bite lawyer from Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin today.
What to Do if You Suffered a Dog Bite Injury
- Seek medical attention immediately.
- Write down the name and contact information of the dog owner.
- Get the name and contact information of any witnesses.
- Make a police report of the dog bite injury.
- Request a copy of the report.
- Photograph the dog and the location where the dog bite injury occurred.
- Take photographs of your injuries.
- Do not accept any settlement or admit fault with the owner’s insurance company, and do not sign anything.
- Save any clothing damaged by the dog in the attack.
- If you or someone you know has been injured from a dog bite accident, contact an experienced dog bite lawyer at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin.
Common Reasons for Dog Bites
Dogs such as pit bulls, rottweilers, dobermans, chow chows, and German shepherds are notorious for biting, but in reality, all dogs have the ability to bite. A dog bite attack can occur for several reasons.
Some of the most common reasons include:
- Attacking out of fear
- Establishing dominance
- Protecting their territory
- Over-excitement when playing
We Work for You
If you have been injured in a dog bite accident and want a professional law firm that will get it done, contact the Terre Haute injury lawyers at Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin.
When you contact us, you won’t owe us any money throughout the legal process unless we get money for you—that’s our No Fee Guarantee®. Complete our free online consultation form or call us toll free at (866) 684-3388 to contact us today.