SSD Application Checklist
At Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin, our attorneys help thousands of Americans get their Social Security Disability (SSD) benefits each year. We know that gathering the information to file a successful claim can seem overwhelming—especially when you’re dealing with a serious medical condition. That’s why our Social Security Disability lawyers created a checklist to help you get the evidence you need to file a complete SSD application.
Read our SSD checklist below or download a copy in printer-friendly PDF format to get started on your claim today.
Information You Need for Your Social Security Disability Application
- About You:
- Your Social Security number and proof of your age
- Names, addresses, and phone numbers of doctors, caseworkers, hospitals, and clinics that took care of you and the dates of your visits
- Names and dosages of all the medications you are taking
- Medical records from your doctors, therapists, hospitals, clinics, and caseworkers, that you already have in your possession
- Laboratory and test results
- A summary of where you worked and the kind of work you did
- Your most recent W-2 form or, if you were self-employed, a copy of your federal tax return
- Checking or savings account number and bank routing number, if you want direct deposit for your benefit checks
- Military service discharge information (Form DD 214) for all periods of active duty (if applicable)
- About Your Family Members:
- Social Security numbers and proof of age for each person applying for benefits
- Proof of marriage if your spouse is applying for benefits, as well as dates of prior marriages (if applicable)
Information You Need for Your Disability Report
- Name, address, and phone number of someone the Social Security Administration can contact who knows about your medical conditions and can help with your claim
- Names, addresses, phone numbers, patient ID numbers, and dates of treatment for all doctors, hospitals, and clinics
- Names of medicines you are taking and who prescribed them
- Names and dates of medical tests you have had and who sent you for them
- Types of jobs and dates you worked for your last five jobs
- Information about any insurance or workers’ compensation claims you filed, such as claim number and name, address, and phone number of insurance company
If you have trouble finding the information in these checklists, our Social Security Disability lawyers can help. With more than 30 years of legal experience, we know where to find the evidence you need and how to best present it to the Social Security Administration (SSA).
Put Our SSD Lawyers to Work For You
When you choose Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin to handle your SSD claim, you send a message to the SSA that you’re serious about getting your benefits. Whether you’re filing an application for benefits or you need help appealing a denial, our Social Security Disability lawyers are here to assist you. And with our No Fee Guarantee®, you won’t owe us anything unless we get money for you.
Contact us 24/7 to get help with your SSD claim—just dial (800) 477-7315 or complete our free online form.