March 26th, 2014|
The Brain Injury Association of the United States of America states the risks of suffering a brain injury do not discriminate. It can happen to anyone, anytime, and anywhere. That is why the organization is working to raise awareness by naming March Brain Injury Awareness Month.
The Terre Haute Brain Injury Attorneys with Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin would like to share five fast facts about the dangers and risks associated with brain injuries:
- An estimated 2.4 million Americans suffer a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) each year, leaving approximately 5.3 million victims experiencing a life-long disability as a result.
- Some of the most common causes of TBIs are slip and fall accidents, car crashes, workplace incidents, assaults, military service, and playing sports.
- TBI are considered contributing factors in roughly one-third of all injury-related fatalities that occur in the United States.
- TBIs cost an average of $76.3 billion per year.
- Concussions account for an estimated 75 percent of TBIs that are reported in the United States each year.
Fleschner, Stark, Tanoos & Newlin and their team of Terre Haute Personal Injury Lawyers are aware of the dangers a brain injury can pose to a victim and are hopeful this information will prove useful to citizens in avoiding and preventing TBIs in the future!