Auto Accident

Insurance and Liability in a Rental Car

by Staff | November 18th, 2019

People rent cars, vans, and trucks for a variety of reasons, whether traveling for business or vacation, or simply because their personal vehicle is unavailable or unsuitable for any reason. However, traffic accidents happen everywhere and every day, and some of those accidents involve rental vehicles. When you get into an accident in a car…

Read More

What You Need to Know about Post-Accident Shock

by Staff | October 21st, 2019

Auto accidents have the potential to be instantly fatal, and to survive a serious crash can be a blessing for victims. However, even non-fatal injuries carry serious risks that can become life-threatening if they aren’t treated right away, including complications associated with post-accident shock. When the body is put through serious trauma, including the trauma…

Read More

Would You Pass Your Driver’s Exam Today?

by Staff | October 16th, 2019

There are few milestones in life that compare to turning 16 years old and earning your driver license. Being able to drive yourself to school, work, friends’ houses, and other places is a major step towards greater independence and adulthood, but getting behind the wheel of a vehicle is one of the riskiest things that…

Read More

Your Fall Foliage Viewing Guide

by Staff | October 14th, 2019

It’s called “leaf peeping,” and as silly or even risqué as it may sound, you may already be doing it without knowing! This is just a fun, informal term for going someplace to view the autumn leaves, and there’s lots of places across the country that benefit hugely from fall foliage tourism. Fall foliage tours…

Read More

What to Tell Your College Student About Drunk Driving

by Staff | September 23rd, 2019

Accidents account for 41 percent of deaths among people ages 15 to 24, and most of those accidents are vehicle crashes. In addition, one of the biggest causes of car accidents in the U.S. is alcohol intoxication, and young people are among the most at risk for drinking and driving. Those stats combined make it…

Read More

It’s Child Passenger Safety Week

by Staff | September 16th, 2019

Don’t miss National Child Passenger Safety Week 2019! Held this year from September 15-21, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) is hosting workshops across the country to help parents learn why it is necessary to select the right car seat and how to properly install them.   Car safety is no joke, especially when children…

Read More

School Transportation Safety

by Staff | August 19th, 2019

Another summer has come and gone, and that means students across Indiana and Illinois are back to class. As a parent, safety is always one of your top priorities for your children. Reduce their risks during the 2019-2020 school year with these essential safety tips.

Read More

Does Listening to Music Contribute to Car Accidents?

by Staff | August 12th, 2019

There are an average of six million car accidents in the U.S. every year, and distraction was reported as a factor in nearly 1 in 5 crashes in which someone was injured. But distracted driving includes more than just using your cell phone. Could turning on the radio or plugging in a playlist also cause…

Read More

When Is a Car Accident Not a Driver’s Fault?

by Staff | July 31st, 2019

After a car accident, most people assume either one driver or another is at fault, but this isn’t always the case. Studies show that driver error is responsible for 90% of crashes. So who’s to blame the other 10% of the time? When the Government is Responsible Poorly maintained roads or defective highway designs may…

Read More

3 of the Most Common Post-Accident Mistakes

by Staff | July 24th, 2019

After an auto accident, you are likely to be in shock and pain, especially when the accident was not your fault. The most important thing you can do in this situation is keep calm, because the actions you take immediately after a collision can impact whether you are eligible for compensation and how much you…

Read More